Boy who saved his sister from dog attack gets words of admiration from The Avengers

 


On July 4, Bridger Walker put himself between his 4-year-old sister and a charging German Shepherd.

He was bit several times as he blocked his sibling from the dog. Bridger was able to grab his sister’s hand and ran with her to safety. A plastic surgeon worked on Bridger where he got over 90 stitches in 2 hours.

When asked why he did that, he said,

“If someone had to die, I thought it should be me.”

Source: YouTube

It wasn’t Bridger’s “Endgame” yet.

Nicole Walker, Bridger’s aunt, shared an Instagram post detailing his story in hopes of getting Bridger some encouragement from the Avengers, his favorite superheroes.

Anne Hathaway, Mark Ruffalo (The Hulk), Tom Holland (Spiderman), Brie Larson (Captain Marvel), and the Russo brothers, all reached out to Bridger with messages of admiration.

Source: YouTube

Then it was Captain America’s turn. Chris Evans learned of Bridger’s heroic act from Comicbook.com’s Brandon Davis. Suited up in his Captain America costume, he sent Bridger his message of support. Bridger couldn’t smile because of his injuries, but it’s clear he’s so happy to hear from his idol.

“Hey, Bridger. Captain America here. How you doin’, buddy?” Evans began. “So I read your story. I saw what you did, and I’m sure you’ve heard a lot of this over the last couple days, but let me be the next one to tell you: Pal, you’re a hero.”

 “What you did was so brave, so selfless. Your sister is so lucky to have you as a big brother. Your parents must be so proud of you,” he continued.

“Steve Rogers” promised he would send Bridger an authentic Captain America shield.

“Keep being the man you are, we need people like you. Hang in there, I know recovery might be tough, but based on what I’ve seen, I don’t think there’s much that can slow you down,” Evans concluded.

Source: YouTube

Mark Ruffalo, The Hulk himself, was also one of the first to express his admiration for the brave boy.

“People who put the well beings of others in front of themselves are the most heroic and thoughtful people I know. I truly respect and admire your courage and your heart,” the actor replied to Nikki’s Instagram. “People or fighting against people or walking around like a tough guy. Real courage is knowing what is right to do and doing it even when it might end up hurting you somehow. You are more of man than many, many I have seen or known.”

 

Brie Larson, who played Captain Marvel, reached out to Bridger with a private message as well.

Even Anne Hathaway was inspired by the boy’s story that the actress shared it on her own Instagram feed.

“I’m not an Avenger, but I know a superhero when I see one. I can only hope I’m half as brave in my life as you are in yours, Bridger,” she captioned the post, along with pictures of Bridger and his sister.

Like a true Avenger, Bridger recovered quickly, ready to fight another day.

The Avengers might have just found their new member. The next time we hear, “Assemble”, let’s hope little Bridger is there standing tall with his heroes.

“The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to fight the battles that we never could.” – Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury)

For more of the Avengers cast reaching out to Bridger, hit play below!

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post